SwanCap Investment Management S.A. intends to add a motivated and dedicated Investment Analyst/Associate to its team based in Milan to contribute to the continued growth and success of SwanCap.
SwanCap Investment Management S.A. (the “Manager”) together with its advisor SwanCap Partners GmbH (the “Advisor”; together “SwanCap” or the “Firm”) is a leading independent private markets investment management platform with a focus on private equity and private debt in Europe and North America. Currently, SwanCap has c. €3 billion of assets under management (“AuM”), including two highly successful institutional private equity fund of funds. SwanCap’s high calibre global investor base includes institutional investors and large family offices from Europe, North America and Asia.
After 15 years of successful equity investing, UniCredit and the former private equity management team established SwanCap in 2013 as an independent investment manager. Today, UniCredit is a non-controlling shareholder in the advisory company of SwanCap and SwanCap is the preferred partner for UniCredit in all private equity-related investment strategies.
SwanCap is an established player in the industry, having built a large international investment team and being perceived as a “strategic partner” to many leading private equity managers. With offices in Munich, Milan, New York and Luxembourg SwanCap provides customized investment solutions integrating: (i) Primary & Secondary Private Equity Funds, (ii) Direct Private Equity Investments, and (iii) Private Debt. By leveraging a differentiated investment strategy, prudent risk management, rigorous selection and due diligence processes, SwanCap has consistently delivered strong returns ahead of its peer group. SwanCap believes its competitive advantages are difficult to replicate and offers a unique value proposition for its investors and clients.
The position allows to get exposure and develop skills in all areas of asset management including participation in all stages of the investment process (sourcing, screening, due diligence, etc.) as well as portfolio management & reporting.
At SwanCap the individual can play an active role in helping to shape her/his field of activity and area of operation. As a group we are passionate about what we do and are committed to deliver to the highest standards of quality and professional excellence.
Duties shall include:
- Supporting the investment team in the thorough assessment of investment opportunities
- Company, market and financial analysis, financial modelling and valuation
- Preparation of client presentations and investment papers for investment committees
- Supporting senior members of SwanCap in originating deals
- Ad-hoc research tasks on e.g. industry sectors or investment targets
- Portfolio management and reporting including preparation of fund reports for investors
- Maintenance of portfolio management system
- Monitor and analyze existing investments
- Maintenance of internal databases
Requirements of the role:
- University degree in business administration (or equivalent) from a top university and an excellent academic track record
- Up to 4 years working experience (ideally alternative asset management, investment bank, consulting, accounting firm)
- International experience as part of the academic education or on the job
- Language skills required: fluent in English and Italian, other languages are a plus
- Strong analytical skills/quantitative skills
- Capable of building and tailoring financial models
- The candidate should be confident, possess strong ethics and be a self-starter with the ability to operate as a true team player in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent attention to details and good judgment showing logical decision making
- The role also includes developing relationships with the required ability to liaise with people at all levels in the business and in the financial community
- Competitive base salary + discretionary bonus + future potential participation in carry or similar
Please apply by email to:
SwanCap Investment Management S.A.
P.zza Gae Aulenti, 4
20154 Milan (Italy)